Thursday 15 March 2012

A crafty day out

A few weeks ago  I entered a competition on the Make, Thrift London Facebook page  for a collection of craft goodies, some of them themselves hand made, and a hand made book.

When I was picked as the winner, Daisy, who runs the business, offered me the chance to make the book myself. Now I've made thousands of cards in my time, but I've never made a book, so I jumped at the chance. Tuesday of this week  saw me heading to Daisy's home in London to create my book.

After tucking into sausage sandwiches and admiring the beautiful cat we got stuck in to the crafting. The room was paradise for someone like me who loves tea, books and crafting - I was surrounded with books and papers, scissors and fabrics, and plied with a constant stream of tea served in cups from Daisy's beautiful collection of vintage teacups which you can see behind me in the photo.


I have to confess that I was too busy chatting to concentrate on measuring as accurately as I should have done, so my book ended up with a slightly chunkier spine than it ought to have done, but even so it didn't take long to produce a really pretty little book which  I plan to decorate with dragonflies (one of my favourite crafting themes) and carry round in my handbag to note down the new competitions I find.

And now I know how to make books, I'll be making a lot more of them in the future!

With today's post, I'm joining in with Hand Made Thursday over at White Lily Green.


Inspire Me Beautiful

1 comment :

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.