Thursday 16 February 2012

Hand made Thursday - The Crafty Comper

Last year was my year for winning craft goodies. In fact  I hardly had to buy any all year. My wins included:
  • a pack of Christmas Dufex designs
  • a bumper pack of Christmas embellishments
  • a sheet of unmounted stamps
  • a set of flower and leaf punches
  • a tag punch with a set of matching stamps and an inkpad
  • a huge jar of assorted buttons
  • a scrapbooking kit
  • almost 1,000 (yes, a thousand) sheets of 12 x 12 paper and card, in four separate competitions
I don't think I'll  need to buy another sheet of paper! Note that I used the word  "need"..... "want" is another matter completely!

Here are  a few cards I made with some of the loot:



I've already started my crafty wins for 2012, as last week  a CD of really cute designs arrived - very useful with a 2½year old in the family and another grandchild due soon. I've already managed to make a couple of cards from it

If you'd like to be a crafty winner too, keep your eye open for competitions on craft suppliers' websites and Facebook pages, as  well as blogs and of course the monthly craft magazines. My comping and crafting friend Winn Sommor, whose latest puzzle booklet you can win here , tells me she has won lots of lovely craft prizes from writing to the letters pages of her favourite craft magazines too.

Now I need to win a bigger house to store all my crafting stash in!

I'm joining in with Handmade Thursday on White Lily Green's blog with this post.

Inspire Me Beautiful

3 comments :

  1. Oh wow! What beautiful cards and congrats on your wins! That's a lot of card and paper!

    Thank you for linking up to handmade Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I never have any luck on crafty comps, so well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've an eye for winning and crafting x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.